Friday, October 17, 2008

Poor, Sick Baby.

My poor, little boy has been sick the past few days. It started Wednesday morning at 4:30 am with a fever of 102.2 that persisted for the next couple of days. He was his usual self, fun and happy and didn't really have any other symptoms other than a fever so I called up the Doctor to see if and when I should take him in and he said that if it lasted until Friday to bring him in.
So this morning his fever was not as vigorous but I was worried the same because he had an ear infection about six months ago and I had no indication except for a little ear rubbing.
He was checked out by the Doctor and turns out he has a pretty bad ear infection in his left ear. I have to give him Amoxicillin twice a day and put ear drops in 3 times a day. I feel terrible and I know Aiden does because he had a terrible night's sleep last night.
Stinks because his Uncle John and his girlfriend are coming today to visit for the weekend and they might not get his peak performance, all because of a crummy ear infection.
And to top it all off, he is not eating anything from a jar because that involves feeding him with a spoon, and any sort of apparatus that comes towards his mouth, he is adamantly against. He will purse his lips and shake his head side to side. I think he's tired of all the medicine I've been giving him between the Motrin, Tylenol to keep his fever down the past couple of days, and now the Amoxicillin. So he's pretty much living off of breastmilk, Cheerios and whatever else I can cut up into chunks so he can feed himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid hope he gets better soon.