Monday, September 15, 2008

The Life of Thomas and Kim

Seeing as how I am terrible at writing in my journal because my hand quickly cramps (out of touch with writing essays for school), and I am just as bad at letting my family know the goings-on with our lives and keeping them current with pictures of Aiden, I figured that I would start a blogspot.


Our lives heavily revolve around Aiden, of course. He is an absolute mess. He has six teeth with a couple more on the way so he definitely loves to chew on things, therefore you always end up with a soaked shirt-sleeve or collar after holding him for any amount of time.


He loves to give kisses, at least to Momma, he is a little more reluctant to kiss anybody else, but you don't hear any complaints from me. It is so sweet. He will be playing and climbing all over the place, and out of no where will smack a big, opened-mouth, slobbery kiss on you, and keep going as if there were no interruption at all.


He is scooting around now and getting into everything, which made me realize how terribly un-baby-proofed my house was. He was bonafide hands-and-knees crawling for about three days, long enough for me to call up my brother (who has a son 12 days younger than Aiden) and brag about him, and then started belly scooting just in time for my Mom to come visit in October and see that he isn't crawling like I said he was. Then, I'm sure, she'll go back to tell my brother he is not crawling.



Just in the past few days, he has figured out how to pull himself up and is definitely testing his limits. Thomas and I will lay in bed in the morning and let him crawl around and he will pull himself up on one of us and turn around to see the other and dive towards them. Makes my heart skip a beat every time, but he thinks it's amazing. He is now slowly starting to interact. He loves to tease Zelda, our golden retriever. He will be in his pack-n-play and shake his toys around, making Zelda crazy, and when she tries to get it through the mesh (which, of course, doesn't work) he laughs and laughs.


It is very bittersweet to see him growing up so much. I love that we are able to play with him, but on the other hand, he is not my little cuddle bug anymore. There's a big giant world out there to discover and he doesn't have as much time to sit around and be loved by Momma.


As for Thomas and I, other than myself trying to keep on top of vacuuming as often as I should (it is utterly incredible how much Zelda sheds) and Thomas working as much as possible without wearing himself thin, we are constantly trying to find ways to save "play" money for our trip out to Utah for Thanksgiving. We have been busy these past few days selling stuff on eBay, which is nice because it cleans some stuff out of the house while making a little moolah. We are also trying to find a way that we could get a more reliable vehicle for myself to drive around, which will be a ways off. But mostly we have our eyes set on the Utah vay-cay. We are extremely excited to go out there. We love Utah in the winter and are anxious at the prospect of all we will be able to do during our 17 day trip! Aiden is not at all the same baby he was when we were last out there, and I am especially ecstatic to see him be able to play with his cousins in Utah.


That just about sums it all up for us. We will soon be harvesting our family garden (hopefully, if we don't get anymore steady-rain-for-a-week tropical storms and untimely, but welcome to my electric bill cool weather) and start the canning process, which I'm a little nervous about because I have not solely canned, just did little stuff that my mom directed me to do while she was doing the real process. But time will tell how it goes.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

You forgot to mention how much you shed, it is not just zelda

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am sure the 20 foot long hairs are not just Thomas and Zelda's

Unknown said...

Nice blog! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Can't wait to see you guys! :~)