Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Weekend of the Sick.

Friday we went to Tracy's house in the afternoon. I chopped off all (well, over half) my hair so now it is right below my shoulders. I donated ten inches to Locks of Love and then had it cut from there. It's nice. Takes some getting used to, but it's nice. I like it.
That evening Tracy and I saw Twilight because apparently Stephenie Meyer, the author of Twilight, is Mormon and so it's all the rage in Utah and my sister was sucked into that as well. So she treated me to a movie, which I stood in the back with Aiden for over half of it while Aiden crawled around.
Meanwhile, Thomas, Danny (Tracy's husband) and my brother, John, saw the new James Bond movie.
Afterwards we met up and went to Applebee's for dinner.
On the way home the vomiting bug started. Aiden threw up and I didn't realize it at the time. I felt that the buckle was wet, but figured he had just spit up because that's a much more likely thing than him actually vomiting and didn't think much of it because he had a LOT to eat at dinner. Then we get home and about twenty minutes later, he throws up again. It was like that most of the night and everytime we laid him flat, he would throw up, so I fell asleep in a chair holding him upright and finally at about 2.00 a.m. I went up and asked Tracy and Danny what I should do for him. They took over from there for the next few hours while Thomas and I were able to get some sleep, and at 4.00 a.m. they woke me because he needed to eat again and he had a pretty high fever, but at least the vomiting was over and done with.
In the morning, he is still pretty lethargic, but without the vomiting, and he had a fever for most of the day. I, on the other hand, had the vomiting bug and was in and out of the bathroom all day long between taking as many naps as possible.
Sunday morning we were well enough to go to church with Danny and Tracy for the full three hours, all of which Aiden slept through and I fought falling asleep. We felt much better and had our appetite back.
Monday morning, Tracy was going to take me to go shopping for my birthday, which makes no sense to me because her birthday is December 20, and mine is February 3. Seems we should have been shopping for her, but she insisted. We were ready to go, and Thomas starts to throw up. He threw up nothing but mushrooms from his dinner the night before, and we thought it was just the mushrooms were bad, but he kept throwing up. So Tracy and I left with David and Aiden to leave Thomas by himself so he could relax and get some sleep.
By Monday night, it was all behind us as far as vomiting went with our family. Three of Tracy's kids caught it Monday night and Tracy herself had it minus the vomiting. We had some lingering fevers and we didn't really have our appetites back for a while, but at least the worst part was over and done with quickly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Dennie's kids caught it too and I got sick on the drive down to NM. Luckily I missed out on the vomiting also.