Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Activities

This weekend Thomas and I went to the Manti with my family and were able to spend all day Saturday there. It was a long day, but it was fantastic to be there with most of my family and with some of our good friends.
It started out pretty crazy. We woke up to Brad throwing up. He had been sick all night long. Well, he was sick all day long, except he was okay long enough to go down to Manti with us and spend the afternoon there and then on the way back he started getting sick again. We are so glad he was able to go with us.
Also, as we are getting ready, we received a phone call from Tracy telling us that they are on the back way to Santaquin from Tooele, and they have a flat tire. So that means that Tracy was going to ride down with us in the van while Danny stayed behind with the kids, buy a new tire to replace the flat one, and then meet us down in Manti later.


We started out the day going to the Manti Temple and then afterwards all of us ate at Manti House, a restaurant/bed and breakfast there in Manti. (Wow, can I say Manti a few more times? Manti, Manti, Manti)

After that we went home and I'm pretty sure all of us slept on the way home. It was a long, exhausting, eventful day.

The next day, I went to church with my parents and then skidaddled out of there early because we were going up to Salt Lake to see the LDS First Presidency Christmas Devotional which was fabulous. The music was wonderful and gave you goosebumps. The talks given by President Thomas S. Monson, Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchdorf were amazing. It was just all around a great night. We were able to go with Tracy and Danny, Brad, Emron, and then Thomas and I while my mom walked around Temple Square and played with Aiden in the little kids activity area, which before that night, I had no idea existed.

I'm pretty sure that was the Best. Weekend. Ever. Except for Brad's vomiting and Aiden's absolute hatred of his carseat.

No comments: