Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flight

Today we arrived in Utah. We left yesterday for Savannah with hopes that we'd be able to spend the afternoon there and check out Historic downtown, but of course, it had an 80% chance of rain and boy, did it rain. It was also unusually cold. We arrived to our hotel at just about 4:00 PM after following the directions to the airport and after not seeing our hotel in the bunch there, we asked for directions and someone told us there were two airports in Savannah and we were looking at the wrong one. Apparently, there aren't two international airports. Just one international and one military and our hotel was on the other side of the airport than where we were looking.
So we finally got to our hotel, then just relaxed, got some food to go and hung out and watched Star Trek while Aiden took a bath, which, inevitably, he pooped in.
He went to bed almost immediately and so did we.
Woke up early to make our flight and here we are in Utah!
The first flight was long and drawn out because Aiden was so tired but wouldn't sleep until the last five minutes. Then he slept most of the way from Houston to Salt Lake City.
My mom picked us up and we then met my dad at the Genealogy Library at BYU and talked with him about Thomas' ancestors until it was time to meet Brenna for lunch at Olive Garden. I absolutely forgot how much I love that place. I've only been once since I moved to Florida and it was a nice treat.
Afterwards, we just went down to my parents house and hung out because Thomas and I were absolutely exhausted from the day's ventures.

No comments: