Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

So, I've been pretty terrible about updating this lately. Clearly.
But I would be completely remiss if I didn't publicly wish Thomas and my own dad a Happy Father's Day! Not that he ever looks at this, so this is really for everyone else to know that I love the men in my life! They really have been wonderful examples for me.
From my own dad, I learned the importance of a testimony of Jesus Christ and the gospel and how that should influence my life in absolutely all that I do. That I should take time out of my life to sit down and read my scriptures on a daily basis so I have a better understanding of what I need to do as a wife, mother and daughter of God and the importance of having daily family prayers. Thank you so much for everything you have taught me, and I pray that you may have patience with me, as I am still learning and sometimes I get fed up and petty.
From my husband, I learned the importance of taking time out and playing with our kids, especially when the time is not convenient. I learned that the laundry doesn't need to be done this second, that getting him a sippy cup right now doesn't matter when you can take a second to wrestle with him and give him lots of kisses til he is red in the face from laughing, just to emphasize the fact that we love him.
So, happy father's day! I wish you the best day ever and thank you for letting me be a part of your lives!!

P.S. As the ultimate Father's Day present from Cecilia Ann, she kicked hard enough to let Thomas feel her kick through my stomach for the very first time. Talk about holding out for perfect timing.

No comments: