Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Yesterday I had another OB check up and just as I got there, my midwife was delivering a baby and then had to set up an induction after that. So we waited in the lobby for about 45 minutes before we were called back, and then we waited in the room for another hour before my midwife came in. Everything is fine. My fundus height (how "tall" my uterus is) is 24 cm, which is right on track considering tomorrow I will be 24 weeks along. The heartbeat was in the 140's which is down a little bit from last month but not too surprising considering I chose to skip lunch until after my appointment so as to not add to my already-over-the-weight-limit monthly gain. Then afterwards I had to go to the hospital to get some blood work done because one of the kids I teach in Primary was diagnosed with Fifths disease, and since that poses a risk to pregnant women, I had to go get blood work first to see if I had a natural immunity to it. So I get to the hospital and right as I get there, the power goes out and so I have to wait FOREVER just to get checked in. In total I was waiting either at my OB's office or at the hospital for a total of 3 hours. Long, freaking, afternoon.
I should find out the results of the blood work soon. If I am not immune to it, they will contact me and I will have further testing.
I have my next appointment July 28 which will be immediately following another ultrasound to get this possible anterior placenta checked out.
So all in all, we're all healthy, with minor complications. Hooray!

No comments: