Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Crazy Colorful House

I have tried to explain to my family just how colorful this house is, but I have a feeling that it is lost on them. So here are pictures.
These are the colors that were here when we moved in. Jeannie, Thomas' aunt, lived her before us and she is very much a painter and this is very much her taste. She pulls it off amazingly well and I loved it when they lived here, but I'm afraid that I'm just not able to pull off the things that she is able to with such ease. Wall colors included. But I'm afraid they will stay these colors because I can't paint because I'm pregnant and Thomas has to work all the time and really, who wants to paint on your days off? Especially in this gross Florida humidity that would take forever to have the paint dry.

This is our entryway (pink) looking into our kitchen (yellow with blue floors) looking into our guest room (painter's tape blue).

This is our living room (purple) looking into our office area/Aiden's play area (mint green with copper tile accents and a retro corner).

This is Aiden's room. Pink, very pink, with one green wall. This will change as soon as I am able to paint.

This is our guest bathroom that is painted either school bus yellow or road line yellow.

This is our front door. Very purple. It is this color on the outside as well. When we moved in, I was telling the phone company where my house was and told them they couldn't miss it because it was a pink house with a purple door and turquoise shutters and the lady just laughed and after a pause said, "You're serious." Yes, yes, I am serious. But, it is a subtle pink, not in your face pink, so it's okay.

Our retro corner in the office area/Aiden's play area.

Our guest bedroom with the painter's tape blue on the top half and on the bottom the purple. One wall is entirely that purple with a forest green bookshelf built in. Looking into our yellow kitchen with blue floors.

Somehow I missed our room, the "dressing room" and our bathroom. Thomas was probably getting ready for work or something when I took these pictures. Or more likely, it was just really messy and I didn't want to take pictures of that.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

Wow, quite the bag of Skittles you're living in! It's cute and quirky!