Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bah Humbug!!

So last night as we were driving home from Nana and Pop-pop's, we heard something hit the underside of the car. Not seeing anything in the road, but fearing a flat tire, Thomas told me to keep driving so we can get as close to town as possible so we wouldn't have to change a flat tire in 3 feet of grass on the shoulder of a county road. Luckily we came up on a paved road that had a church just a little ways down and we were able to park on the cement slab in front of the church. We were able to change it and get home just in time for it to get dark.
Then this morning, I go up to Wal-Mart to get a new tire, but hoping they might be able to repair the flat one. I arrived there at 9:00a and after walking around the store for 45 minutes, I go back and ask them if they've had a chance to look at it. Of course they haven't and it'll be another hour and 15 minutes before they "might could get a chance to look at it." So 45 minutes and a cup of fried okra later I then decide that if I'm going to have to put up with a screaming, impatient child, so is the T.L.E. department my local Live Oak Wal-Mart supermarket. So I stand there in the middle of the department, not sit in the waiting room lest they forget I was there, and let them hear what they were doing my child. After that, they were quick to tell me the tire was shot and I'd need a new one. Ten more minutes and I was out of there.
I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, but they're the only ones that had a road hazard protection and with mine and Thomas' luck with flat tires, we need it. Since I have moved here to Florida just under four years ago, between his old Ford Ranger, my Jetta, our Alero and his patrol car, we've had at least 10 flat tires. None of which could be repaired, but instead had to be replaced. Sometimes I miss paved roads everywhere that are free of branches that lay just right to pop a tire and the lack of little critters that will run under your tires at the last second, inevitably popping a tire with one of their stupid, little bones.
So, $110.00 later, we are back on the road again without a little donut slowing us down.

2 comments:

Erin and Kevin said...

lol, sounds like my kind of afternoon. nattie calls my mom and dad nanna and popop too! we tried granpa and she said popop, so it stuck. do you have any u/s pics yet?

Kimberlei said...

I do, but you see, I would need to scan them, which is hooked up to our desk top. So I'd have to go out to our music room and scan them, and then I would have to put them on a jump drive and bring them back in the house and load them onto our laptop because alas, we had a big storm a couple weeks ago that fried all our phone lines from our phone box outside, to our modem, to thomas' xbox and our desk top. Anything that was hooked up with some sort of wire was fried, so I dont have internet on our desk top, and all that is just too daunting.
I might just wait until I get the 28 week ultrasound pics to go through the trouble. Or I might just feel guilty from depriving all you guys and go ahead and make a couple installments of ultrasound pics because I have yet to post a pregnant pic.