Thursday, November 6, 2008

Countdown to Utah!

We are three weeks away from our Holiday Season trek out to Utah to visit my (Kim's) family! We are utterly excited and can hardly believe it is so close because the anticipation of this trip has been eating at us seemingly forever. Normally we would have bought the tickets a week or two ago, but as soon as we received our Economic Stimulus check in the mail, we bought the tickets which was a long 14-15 weeks ago.
We are very excited to see my family and to show off Aiden and all his new tricks. Speaking of which, he has a new trick. He claps! If you say "Yaay!" he will stop whatever he is doing and start clapping. He does it every time even if he is crawling or crying, unless, of course, you are recording it to capture precious memories and then you get this:


By the way, that was a pillow in my lap. Not my stomach.
We also found a new way to entertain him or rather let him entertain himself. We have a giant garden tub in our master bath, and on the walls are two giant mirrors. Aiden has found out that he can see himself from every angle when looking in those mirrors, and he would go up to the side of the tub and just talk away. Well, one day when Thomas and I were getting ready to go someplace, Thomas put him in the tub and he just kept going from side to side looking at himself in the mirror. It's nice for when I am getting ready because he can entertain himself while I put on make-up and what have you.

And he also found a new way to entertain himself, which drives me crazy. He loves to get into the Zelda's water bowl. Every time we are in the kitchen, he inevitably makes a beeline straight towards the water, and if I'm not quick enough, he will slowly put his hand in it until it is submerged and then start splashing, ultimately soaking the floor all around him and all of his clothes. There's no doubt in my mind he is all boy.

Now that there are no more pressing Primary things for a while, I am finally able to get a hold onto my house. Thomas is working, working, working and it stinks because he is still on night shift, so we have opposite schedules.
Zelda is going crazy because it is cool enough that I leave the AC off and just open the windows which shows her all the outside mutts and squirrels that she could be chasing and having fun with. She frequently sits at the window whining because there are dogs to play with outside and poor, sheltered Zelda is stuck inside. We would let her out, but there is a little frog pond about 100 feet from our house that she likes to wade in so she comes out looking like pond scum and then we have to give her a shower which is a work out in itself, so she is just tortured, sitting at the windows wishing for a life she can't have.

Also, Thomas and I are dabbling a little bit in a side business so we can make some extra moolah. The company offers various contracts and products ranging from make-up to satellite TV to vitamins, so if you're cell phone contract is about up or whatnot, let us know and we might be able to help you out.
And that's that.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

you know you dont have to put zelda in the tub with aiden. they dont have to go everywhere together, i bet they sleep together too.

Kimberlei said...

They actually dont sleep together. Zelda sleeps in my room with me because if she were with Aiden, they would keep each other up all night playing with each other.

Anonymous said...

Only a few more weeks. I may be making it up there myself.