Friday, November 14, 2008

Two Weeks to Turkey Day!!

I always know time is getting nearer to a Utah trip when I walk around the house and mentally check things that I will need to pack, and I am so happy to say that time has begun. I am absolutely excited that it's only two weeks away!
On one hand the time seems to have gone by so slowly, but on the other it's gone really fast. Like this past week, when I think of nights that I put Aiden to bed by myself because Thomas is working, it seems forever, but then when I think of the last blog I posted, it went by fast. I'm hoping the next two weeks go by fast and then the following two go by slowly.
But enough of my rambling on. There's no news on my end of the spectrum, Aiden is still into everything and he thinks he's pretty funny most of the time. He just goes around laughing. Not sure at what, but he thinks something is funny. Thomas is a hunting fool. He has gone out twice this week, but I'm sorry to say with no results. Both times it was close though. Saturday morning he went out with his cousin and there was a big buck right behind them scraping the ground and whatnot but it never came near enough to shoot, and Thursday morning, he was sitting in his little blind (a camoflauge hide out that he made), and he saw two doe about six feet away from him. Well, he couldn't shoot them because it's not doe season until next week so he shifted a little so he could get a better shot if a buck came around, which was likely because it's mating season right now, and when he shifted, his foot caught the back pack at his feet, and he heard a giant snort and off the buck ran. Apparently it was right behind him close enough that he could have reached out and touched it and if he had sat still for a few more minutes at the most, it would have come around to where he could have gotten it. He came home all forlorn and resolved to go out and put up the tree stand we bought. It's encouraging though and I look forward to having some deer meat in my freezer.
That's all I have for now. Maybe something real will happen in my life and I can post a blog that is just about my adventure.
But don't wait up for that one.

No comments: