Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stake Young Women Presidency

I was recently called into the Stake Young Women Presidency as Secretary. I have no experience in Young Women except for when I was last in Young Women, five years ago. Which brings up another Why-Am-I-The-One-Called-For-This? point. If I had lived here five years ago, I would have been in Young Women with the Laurels that I am indirectly in charge of. They would have been Beehives when I was a Laurel.
I am very excited and look forward to see what is in store for me. It must be pretty important that I do this while I am still here for some reason and I'm anxious to see what reason that is. I have a whole laundry list of reasons why I could see why I wouldn't have been called to this, the least of which includes me moving in a few short months to Utah, my husband being a Police Officer that has to work every other Sunday and having two children under the age of two, but I am not one to turn down a calling that is extended to me.

For those of you who are not LDS: Young Women is an organization of well, young women, from the ages of 12-18. They participate in group activities and have Sunday School together in their wards or congregations. So many wards belong to a Stake. For instance, there are 8 wards in our Stake. My role as Stake Young Women Secretary pretty much means I will be taking notes and emailing the necessary people for the Stake Young Women President when we travel to the different wards to meet with them to assess their needs.

No comments: