Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Two Months Old

I have officially joined the ranks of "Can you belive my child is already _____ old?!" With my son I felt every second of his growing up because I was growing every second of it as well. I was a first-time stay-at-home mom and was overwhelmed, baby blued, awestruck and so happy all at once. Every thing he did was a huge accomplishment on my part, as if I had something to do with it. So when people would talk about how fast he was growing, I knew that to them, it was amazing how fast he was growing, but I saw him every second of the day and two months felt like two months.

Not this time around.

My daughter sleeps like an angel which gives me a lot of time to play with my son and read blogs... I mean, do stuff around my house. When Monday came around and it was time for her two month check up, I was truly amazed that two months have come and gone already. Definitely put things into perspective since I will be moving in two months, give or ... well, just give a little.

She is growing fantastically. She was 23" long - 85th percentile and weighed 11 lbs 13.2 ounces which is about the 75th percentile. I am slowly realizing how dainty my little girl is, if 75th percentile is dainty in the real world. In this family, it is the daintiest of the daintiest. She was 15 days early and my son was 9 days late. She was 8 lbs at birth, my son was 9 lbs 13 oz. She was 11 lbs 13.2 ounces at two months, my son was 12 lbs 1 ounce at two weeks.

I love having a little girl. I have gone a little crazy lately buying headbands and the such for her and I've looked at buying patterns to make little girl booties and repurposed sweater dresses and the sort. (I just happened upon this blog and fell in love immediately: makeitandloveit.blogspot.com) I made her a tutu to go with her Halloween costume. I look forward to being able to paint her nails. The girly girl in me is coming out with her. I was never one to paint my nails or do my hair in any way other than a ponytail, every once in a while I'd go crazy and put it in a french braid but now I am just waiting for the day when I can sit and style her hair. I love playing with my son. I love wrestling with him and talking in monster voices with him, but I really think I am going to love accessorizing with my daughter. Anyone who knows me must think I'm kinda crazy hearing all this stuff because rarely do I even wear jewelery other than my wedding and CTR ring, but I am itching for her to be old enough to want to be a princess and play dress-up.
For all I know, she will be exactly like me when I was growing up and watch Batman and Ninja Turtles and hope the bad guy wins. And if she does watch the girly Disney movies like Cinderella and The Little Mermaid, she'll only do it to make fun of it.

No comments: