Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Husband, a Hero.



At the beginning of March, Thomas and his supervisor were called to the scene of an accident where a car had crashed into a power pole and ended up downing two of them. When they arrived at the scene, the passenger, who had tried to get out of the car and run away, was dying from electrocution and the driver, who was still in the car was screaming for help because the car was now on fire. Thomas, in great danger to himself decided to try to help the lady because as he was standing there, seeing that no one was doing anything because of the downed live wires and the car being on fire and the great personal risk of going near the car, he knew he wouldn't be able to come home and tell his family that he didn't even try. He ended up saving the life of that lady just seconds before the fire spread to a fuel line and the car burst into flames.
Today he was recognized by the Chief of Police of the City of Live Oak and received a Life-Saver pin to wear on his uniform, and also received a plaque from the Mayor of Live Oak.
I cannot express how amazed I am by my husband and the good heart that he has. I cannot express how grateful I am that my child(ren) has such an amazing example right here in their own home and I cannot express how much I look up to him and honor him as the head of this household. I love and admire him for the person he his deep down inside and for the moral compass he has.
He truly is my hero.