Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doctor's Appointments

Aiden had his 15 month check up yesterday. He is 25 lbs even putting him in the 55th percentile for weight and 34 1/4 inches tall, putting him in the 97th percentile for height. Everything checked out fine, closest thing to a problem which didn't even come close to a real problem is his lymph nodes were a little swollen but that's because he has seasonal allergies. I couldn't give him any anti-Florida antibodies because I don't have them myself. He did receive two more shots which, on top of his still teething, has made him the most miserable baby ever. He just wants to sit in my lap and fuss and toss and turn and when I'm not holding him, he is at my feet trying to get picked up.
Today I had another OB appointment. All my blood work came back as they should. My exam went well and we heard the baby's heart beat for the first time! :D During the entire appointment Aiden was fussy and not content with anything especially because I couldn't hold him, but when we heard the heartbeat, he turned toward me and with the biggest eyes in the world said, "Oh, wow!!" He knows how to be adorable at just the right time to make up for all the fussiness. The heartbeat was in the 140's, so as far as old wives tales go, it looks like a boy, but we will officially find out two weeks from today on May 12 when I go in for my ultrasound.
I'll let you know more when I get more information.

No comments: