Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why is that?

It seems that I am the absolute worst at updating this blog when people actually know I have news to tell and are waiting to read about it. I can update it no problem when there's really nothing to tell other than cute Aiden anecdotes, but when I move and relocate my family, it takes two and a half weeks to get the motivation to write a half-hearted blog.
I'd love to say that Aiden being mopey-needy sick the past few days kept me from writing a blog. Or even that my morning sickness is terrible and I can't seem to do anything other than sit on the couch and count down the minutes until I'm in the second trimester because that is the first gleam of hope that this could possibly go away. Or even that Thomas and I have been so busy unpacking or fixing up the house that I just haven't had time. But alas, it seems I've just had a terrible case of lazy and I have a wonderful backyard that is safe for Aiden and Zelda to play in without having to worry about incredible amounts of ant bites, or other dogs wrestling with Zelda too closely to Aiden and the weather, for the most part, has been fantastic. So I have neglected my unpacking duties and the house is not fit to take pictures to post on here and a blog post without pictures is just.. well, it's boring.
We are finally settling down and I have pushed myself to be motivated to finish unpacking and I've set the date for this weekend to be mostly unpacked so I can then sort through things to sell at a yard sale and so the house is fit enough to have company over because now that we don't live in the middle of the woods we can actually have people visit us! Yay!
Aiden had a tough time the first week and a half or so. He never does well sleeping in other people places and this was no exception. On top of that, during the move my frantic, pregnant mind misplaced the bolts to his crib so he was sleeping in a portable crib and when he finally got used to that, I found the bolts, so he had to get used to his old crib all over again. And to super top it off, he was teething, so it was just all around hard for him.
Even Zelda didn't eat the first few days, but she has adapted well and is loving that she can go outside to run whenever she wants, which I also love because I don't have to stand there and call her and bribe her with dog biscuits to come back immediately after she is done going to the bathroom so she doesn't run off with the other dogs and inevitably end up in the gross bull frog pond and coming out looking like she was doused with pea soup. I can just let her out, and when she's done, she comes back in, and it's wonderful!!!
Thomas and I are definitely enjoying it. There is some work to be done because it seemed that his Aunt was always in the middle of a new project to improve the house and since them moving was such short notice, we are now in the middle of a new project to improve the house, but that will come in time.
I absolutely love that Thomas is able to stop in during his work day for lunch and whatnot. It is also wonderful to be able to notice we were out of syrup and one of us run to the store and be back before the other is done cooking French Toast. I have sorely missed the convenience of having stores within walking distance.
Pictures will come shortly. Sorry for the wait. Mostly, I'm sorry it probably wasn't worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yehaw big city livin'

tracy-ann said...

Boy, I bet a baby holder would have been nice and very helpful. I understand it's hard to move with little children. Love You! Glad you made it through the move. Tracy-Ann