Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yard Sale!

We (I say we, it really was just me and kinda Rosie because Thomas got off work as we were starting it and Rosie had to get ready for Prom so she was in and out) have successfully pulled off our first yard sale and I'd say we did pretty well. We sold all of our furniture that we don't need in this house, an old film camera, a trumpet, shoes, a neon guitar light, an accordion and a few other things. Mostly things that I absolutely wouldn't have expected to sell. But we sold enough to finish paying off our car so that is awesome.
Things to keep in mind for the next one is to have everything priced before you start bringing it out. I had all the labels, but just hadn't put them on because I was sick all the night before and had no motivation to do anything (apparently a reputation I'm making for myself these days). Also, it's a good idea to have small bills as change on hand before it starts. With the first guy, I realized my mistake and Rosie ran to Publix to get change but they said it was too early in the morning and they didn't have that many 1's and 5's, and the bank wasn't open yet. When it did open, I asked for cash back half in 1's and half in 5's and I got two 20's and a 10 back. Of course, but they were busy, and we made do.
It was exhausting and I'm glad to have it behind me, now it's just time to clean the house after the throwing of stuff inside afterwards so I could take a nap. :p

No comments: